REDWOOD SHARKS SWIM SCHOOL at Redwood Health Club of Ukiah emphasizes water safety and encourages skills development by providing effective awards of achievement as the junior swimmer advances their skills! Beginning swimmers are grouped into different levels according to swimming ability. Students are provided opportunities to advance levels by meeting specific water safety, and skill requirements. Intermediate swimmers can continue to refine their skills in Sharks Stroke School. At this level, drills are used to teach and reinforce proper stroke techniques including balance and rotation, pulling, kicking, breathing and timing. At every level, swimmers are awarded colorful patches that highlight each level of achievement and can be proudly displayed on each junior swimmer’s Redwood Sharks Swim School Tote (provided to each junior swimmer on first day of class).
Notice: Classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be combined or cancelled.
SINGLE LESSON (30 minute lesson) – $30 Member / $35 Guest
SIX-PACK (1 FREE!) (Six 30-minute lessons) – $150 Member / $175 Guest
Baby Sharks – (Ages 6months – 3years)
MONTHLY SESSIONS | Mondays 5:15pm-5:45pm
BABY SHARKS provides an early introduction to swimming for ages 6 months to 3 years. The course is directed towards improving the child’s comfort level in water while training parents in water safety and drowning prevention. One parent or guardian must be in the water with each child. Swim Diapers required.
New Pricing effective June 1st
FEE (monthly) | $50 ( $60 Guests )
Ages 6 months to 3 years.
Baby Sharks provides an early introduction to swimming for ages 6 months to 3 years. The course is directed towards improving the child’s comfort level in water while training parents in water safety and drowning prevention. One parent or guardian must be in the water with each child. Non-Disposable Swim Diapers required.
For the child who is afraid of water, cannot swim, or will not get face wet.
- Whale Shark always ask permission before getting in the water.
- Whale Shark can fully submerge head for 3 seconds.
For the child who will fully submerge for 3 seconds.
- Leopard Sharks can float on their back and kick 15 feet while wearing a lifejacket
- Leopard Sharks can front glide independently for 5 second.
For the child who can front glide without assistance.
- Tiger Sharks can jump in, submerge, recover for air, front streamline with kick for 10 ft.
- Tiger Sharks can back glide 5 seconds.
For the child who can swim underwater or on surface for 10 feet and back glide 5 seconds.
- Bull Sharks can tread water for 15 seconds.
- Bull Sharks jump in, submerge, move forward 15 feet with combined arm and leg action, roll to back to rest and breathe, and return to the wall.
Great White Sharks
For the child who can tread water for 15 seconds, can swim freestyle with some rotation for 15 feet.
- Great White Sharks can survival float and/or tread water for 1 minute.
- Great White Sharks swim freestyle 20 yards with a rhythmic breathing pattern.
Sharks Stroke School
For the junior swimmer who has achieved the highest level color patch, “Green Shark”, or meets skills requirement, and is ready to develop freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and/or butterfly strokes.